The main reason why your hair feels like straw after you color it is a lack of moisture. The solution for this problem depends on the exact cause of the lack of moisture. In this post, we will show you the common reasons for brittle, dry hair. At the same time, we will let you know how to fix your problem as well. Keep reading our article to discover them.
Why Is Your Hair So Brittle and Dry?
Here are some common causes of straw-like hair:
- Using drying as well as styling tools, such as electric rollers, dryers, flat irons, or curling irons at too high-temperature setting.
- Shampooing too regularly.
- Using heat-based styling tools often.
- Using a product with harsh ingredients like sulfates. They may be drying for your hair.
- Not using a conditioner made for your hair type.
- Not using a moisturizing hair mask.
- When you detangle your wet hair, you don’t do that gently enough.
- Not eating a suitable diet with enough minerals and vitamins for your healthy hair.
- Touching up or dying it too frequently
- Not protect it from the sun with a product or a hat to protect it against UV rays.
- Letting your hair overexposure to chemicals
- Not trimming your hair often enough can lead to split ends.
How to Fix Your Dry Hair
First, you need to repair your hair that feels like straw by addressing its care routine. You should adjust your behavior. Also, consider the products you currently use. For instance, you can lower the heat setting on your hair styling tools. Moreover, it is not a good idea to use these tools frequently.
Besides, you also need to look for a shampoo that is suitable for the type of your hair. At the same time, decrease shampooing your hair frequently. Look for an appropriate conditioner for its type. You also should use it frequently.
Your hair also should be protected from the UV rays of the sun as well as other environmental issues. To do that, you need to wear a scarf, a hat, and other head covering. Another way is to adjust your diet. You should add more nutritional foods to support your hair health.
If you still don’t notice any result from product changes or lifestyle, you should think about visiting a primary care doctor. Then, you can get other advice regarding hair care. Moreover, the doctor can also test for any medical conditions.
If you see your hair feels like straw, you can get an issue with moisture as mentioned above. You can repair this problem by changing the hair products you are using. Also, it may be necessary to change your usual hair care routine.
If your problem is still not fixed by-product and lifestyle changes, it’s time to go to see a doctor or a dermatologist. And, you can get a test for potential medical problems, as hyperparathyroidism or hypothyroidism. Now, enjoy your great hair!